Indonesia is a very beautiful country not only has beautiful scenery and diversity of flora and fauna but also has diverse cultures began from ethnic group, local language, customs house, a traditional Clothing and others. Of all the uniqueness that is owned by the Indonesian state, noted that Indonesia has a number of unique facts that no another country.
Unique facts about Indonesia
- Indonesia is the country with the largest ethnic groups in the world. There are more than 750 ethnic groups, only in Papua there are 270 ethnic groups.
- Countries with regional languages, that is 583 languages and dialects of the 67 main languages used by various ethnic groups in Indonesia. The national language is Indonesian. although the local language with the highest number of users in Indonesia is Javanese.
- Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world. The number of Muslims in Indonesia around 216 million people or 88% of the Indonesian population.
- Indonesia has the highest number of mosques and pilgrims State of origin in the world.
- Indonesia has a Buddhist monuments (temples) in the world is Borobudur temple in Central Java with a height of 42 meters (10 levels) and long relief more than 1 km. Estimated to be made over 40 years by the Sailendra dynasty of ancient Mataram Kingdom in the period (750-850).
- Indonesian country where the discovery of the oldest ancient human in the world, that is Pithecanthropus Erectus estimated from 1.8 million years ago.
- Republic of Indonesia is the first country that was born after the end of World War II in 1945. Indonesia is the country’s 70th oldest in the world.
- Indonesia is the largest maritime country in the world by marine covering an area of 93 thousand km2 and the length of the beach about 81 thousand km2 almost 25% of the long beaches in the world.
- Ocean Indonesia widest in the world. Surrounded by two oceans, there is the Pacific ocean and Indian Ocean. Indonesia has millions of species of fish that are not owned by other countries.
- Java is the most populous island in the world with around 60% of Indonesia’s population almost (about 130 million people) live on the island, which covers only 7% of the entire territory of Indonesia.
- Indonesia has the third largest island in the world, Papua New Guinea (421,981 km2), Borneo (Borneo, the third largest island in the world wide with 539 460 km²), and Sumatra (473 606 km²).
- Largest volcanic lake in the world is Lake Toba length of 100 kilometers and 30 kilometers wide, located in North Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
- biological diversity (biodiversity) in Indonesia is the second largest after Brazil, area of coral reef ecosystems in Indonesia is the largest with an estimated 75,000 km2 17% of the world’s coral reefs. In Indonesia there are 2,500 species of soft marine animals (marine mollusk), 2,000 species of crustaceans (crustaceans), 82 genera with about 590 species of scleractinian corals, 6 species of sea turtles, 30 marine mammals, and more than 2,500 species of sea fish 26% marine fish species in the World. Mainland, although coverage is only 1.3 percent of the planet’s land surface, Indonesia has, species 12% of the world’s mammals, reptiles and amphibians 16% of the reptile world.
Indonesia has 667 species of mammals, 36% of which are endemic. Including the Blue Whale (Balaenoptera musculus) which is the largest mammal that is also passed on in Indonesian marine.
Has the largest shark species, about 150 species, including whale sharks, whale sharks shark tantrum latitude (Rhincodon typus) is crowned the world’s largest fish, with a length of 65 meters and weigh up to about 37.000kg.
- Indonesia has the largest sea turtle in the world, 6 of the 7 species found in Indonesian waters: Hawksbill Turtles; (Eretmochelys imbricata), green turtle (Chelonia myda) ridley turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea) turtles (Dermochelys coriacea) turtles flat (Natator depressus) loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta).
Indonesia has the richest coral reefs in the world that is much as 18% of coral reefs worldwide.
- Most delicious coffee, most expensive coffee at once the strangest is the luwak, luwak coffee from dung it (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) found in Java and Sumatra in Indonesia.
- Indonesia has the Largest Natural Gas Reserves The country has natural gas reserves LARGEST IN THE WORLD. Located in the Natuna. Natuna D Alpha block has gas reserves of up to 202 TRILLION cubic feet
- Tropical Forests The country has had in the world’s largest tropical forest. Tropical forest has an area of 39,549,447 hectares, with biodiversity and plasmanutfah comprehensive in dunia.Letaknya on the island of Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi.
actually there are many more unique facts about Indonesia